|Kangaroo Island Springs Road Vineyard|
The Loch Vennacher was a three masted fully rigged iron ship of 1552 tons, built by J & G Thompson of Glasgow and launched in August 1875. She was built for the Glasgow Shipping Company.
She Sailed from London on 14th June 1905 with a general cargo for Adelaide and Melbourne, under the command of Captain Hawkins and a crew of 24. The Loch Vennacher was last seen 160 nautical miles west of Neptune Island on September 6th 1905. Captain Hawkins and her crew were all lost.
The wreck site of the Loch Vennacher was not found until 1976 just north of West Bay on the western side of Kangaroo Island.
Extract from "Kangaroo Island Shipwrecks"
|Home Page | The Wines | Buy Online | Loch Vennacher | Contact Us|